Hello! This is the blog of Alexandra Richards-Jones..


Tuesday, 5 January 2016

Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette | Review

After becoming slightly obsessed with collecting make-up, I set it my mission to have all of the Naked palletes. Therefore when it came to Christmas time, I asked for the Naked 3 palette. As I have the best family ever, my lovely Grandma and Grandad bought this for me and am super happy. So, I thought I would write a review here as I feel there is a lot of hype of the Naked Smoky and not a lot of hype over the Naked 3. 


Shades from left to right; Strange, Dust, Burnout, Limit, Buzz, Trick,
Nooner, Liar, Factory, Mugshot, Darkside, Blackheart.
As for packaging, along with all of the other Naked palettes it is absolutely beautiful. It comes in coppery pink tin the clicks together when closed, meaning that it feels very sturdy (not like its going to fall apart if you travelled very far). I do think it looks quite similar to the Naked 2, meaning that the first Naked palette looks slightly out of place, however it is still lovely either way. Now the colours inside are much more pink toned than the other palettes which does actually sit my hazel eyes much more than the gold
tones that are in the previous two. 

 As for the quality of the eyeshadows, I think they are a huge step up from the Naked 1 and probably on par with the 2. I do however think that some of the shades in the palette are not as pigmented in others (mostly Trick and Liar). From first glance I thought that Trick would be my favourite shade in the whole palette however I found that I had to layer this again and again just to get something remotely similar to what it looked like in the pan. I do however think the ones that look as though they are't going to be very pigmented, Strange and Limit for example, are very pigmented and not dusty in the slightest. It does also come with the double-ended eyeshadow brush which I feel have hugely improved over the other palettes and are actually lovely to use. 

So, after trying this palette for a good few days I have found that the staying power is amazing, lasting all day without a primer. They have also improved the amount of fallout you get as previously the fallout from the other palettes you would leave a shadow of black under your eyes after using (very annoying when you've perfected your foundation I can tell you).  The price, of course, is £38 however there is often a deal on feelunique.com or debenhams.com. 

Overall I am loving this palette at the moment and absolutely love the shades that they have included. I do think that it is very different from the other palettes with no repeat shades from the other palettes to fill in the spaces. Let me know what you think in the comments as I would love to know, and also let me know what your favourite palette is as now I have to hunt down so more favourites!!

Until next time, 

A

x x