Hello! This is the blog of Alexandra Richards-Jones..


Friday, 22 January 2016

Maybelline The Falsies Push Up Drama Mascara | Review

Today I wanted to speak about a mascara that I recently picked up in Boots, one that I hadn't seen before. Now I'm not sure if you know this, but Maybelline is probably my favourite brand of mascara  out there as I feel as though they have some amazing ones out there and of course they are a really affordable price. So when I saw this with £2 off in Boots (originally £7.99), I couldn't resist trying it out.  



Now from first impressions, the packaging is really beautiful. It has a metallic red cap with a metallic pink bottom, and a strip of black in the middle and actually looks really different from all of the other Maybelline mascaras that are available. The wand, to me, looks quite similar to the Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara however longer, which made me think that I would love it. However sadly, this mascara quite disappointed me! 

On first application I felt as though it picked up slightly too much product, meaning that when you applied it onto your lashes, you had a lot to work with and you lashes ended up clumping together. The image on the left as you can see is a before and after (believe me it took abut 15 minutes to make it look like i didn't just have all of my eyelashes clumped together into one), and I personally don't think it looks very good. As for staying power it is really amazing and lashes all day even on your bottom eyelashes however I wouldn't particularly recommend it. As for the name, "Push Up Drama", I didn't think it curled of pushed my lashes up very much and I don't have very curled eyelashes naturally. I can imagine if you had flat lashes, this mascara wouldn't do much for you at all. 

Overall I would probably give this a 5.5 out of 10. I didn't think it was horrendous however I definitely wouldn't repurchase. 

If you have tried this mascara, or recommend any others from any other drugstore brands then please comment them below as I would love to hear them!

Until next time,

A

x x