Hello! This is the blog of Alexandra Richards-Jones..


Tuesday, 20 October 2015

Top 5 Tips On How To Get Clear Skin | Advice

Hello everybody :)

Today I wanted to talk about something that a lot of people struggle with, and something that can affect someone's confidence hugely. For me, honestly I haven't really struggled with this too much, however I do have a few tips that if I don't do these, my skin does get worse. I'm sure you will have heard some of these before but they honestly do work :)

No. 1 - W A T E R

I know this is probably known anyway, but it honestly works. Not only does water improve your skin, it also improves pretty much everything else too other that be your hair, body, and even how well you feel within yourself. 
I do know how difficult it is to drink water most of the time because, to be honest, it can be very boring. However I usually try and space it out throughout the day so that it doesn't seem too much in one go. I would recommend getting a large bottle of water (one of those huuuuge ones) and carrying that round with you throughout the day as once you have finished the whole bottle you know that you have drank enough and it makes it easier to know how much you have actually had. 

No. 2 - N I G H T - T I M E  R O U T I N E 

This one is the one I struggle with the most as usually when the time comes to get into bed, all I want to do is collapse and fall asleep straight away. Don't do that! Make sure that you have washed your face and got all of the make-up/dirt off your face that has built up throughout the day. Even if you don't wear make-up, the amount of dirt and grossness that will be on your face without you even realising is crazy so make sure you wash it off :) I would recommend the simple face wash as it is completely inexpensive and does an amazing job even for sensitive skin! (Review here: http://arjx.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/simple-kind-to-skin-smoothing-facial.html)

No. 3 - D I E T 

I know the you'll be probably dreading this one as this is one of the most difficult. I am definitely not an advocate for eating healthily as I can hardly go a day without eating some form of junk however I am definitely trying to improve this recently! And I'm not telling you to eat purely fruit and veg and never have a cheeky pizza, although trying to make a slightly healthier choice with things (such as 1 sugar in your tea instead of 3, oops). 
I think that you can get an idea of what I'm talking about yourselves, its all about the dedication and you CAN do it!

No. 4 - M O I S T U R I S E 

I feel like there is a lot of stigma around moisturising, as if it something that gives you more spots instead of taking them away. One of the main myths around moisturising is that people who have oily skin shouldn't moisturise as it gives them more oil and will therefore give them more spots which is definitely not true at all. Yes, using a heavy oily moisturiser will probably not be the best for you, but choosing one that is light and just evens out your skin nicely will help a huge amount. Spots often need some looking after once they appear so make sure you help them out and then they can leave! :)

No. 5 - G R E E N  T E A 

I know it's not the nicest tasting drink in the world, although it does make a massive difference, even if it is only one cup a day. Also I have heard now that they have different flavours of green tea, including mango and lychee which can I just say, actually tastes very very nice. 
The amount of goodness there is in green tea is huge, and it is really easy to do swell, making a huge difference if you just try it. It is sold in most supermarkets, and is not expensive to buy at all. Even just switching your morning coffee with this can change your skin dramatically in the space of a few weeks. Try it and I'm sure you will understand what I mean. 

So they were all of my five top tips, I hope you all enjoyed them! Please leave any other tips you have for other people as I'm sure they will appreciate them and have a lovely day!

Until next time, 

A

x x