Hello! This is the blog of Alexandra Richards-Jones..


Saturday, 12 September 2015

Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette | Review

Hello Everyone!

Today I wanted to talk to you about a recent make-up product that has come into my life, something that I am COMPLETELY IN LOVE WITH. The new Urban Decay Smoky Palette. Now, I am not usually one of those people that grabs a new make-up product that is brand new as, to be honest, usually they are ridiculously expensive (especially high end products) and I simply cannot afford them. Now I had seen this palette being raved about on the interweb and had been crushing on it for what felt like forever. 






























So you're probably wondering why I have this product in my possession then. Well basically it turns out that I have the best boyfriend ever. After a really crappy day, and whining to Tom about how rubbish I felt, he magically produced this and completely made my day. (Ridiculously lucky I know). So now, I have this amazing palette and today I am going to review it for you :)



First of all, I want to apologise for the really rubbish swatch photos for you, however all the times I tried to get a nice photo for you, the lighting meant that the actual eyeshadows did not show up to their true colour which is not what I want at all. So, I'm really sorry but this was the best I could do!

So, the actual palette consists of 12 shades, a complete mixture of matte, satin and shimmery shades. And of course, the double-ended smoky smudger/tapered crease brush. As always with Urban Decay all of the shadows are amazingly pigmented, and blend like an absolute dream. I think this palette is a complete mixture of tones, the perfect palette to get if you haven't tried any of the other naked palettes before. My personal favourites are "Dirtysweet", "Armor" and "High" (to be honest they are all to die for) as I think they are absolutely beautiful, with also the matte black shade "Black Market" being the best black eyeshadow I have ever used. The palette is of course expensive and retails for £38, however for the quality of these eyeshadows and what you get for your money I think it is completely worth it. The fallout of these shadows is also much better than the previous three, as the others have previously fallen out a lot however I barely get any with these. This palette basically gives you all the options for any kind of smoky eye, whether that be a day time natural or a night out glitter. 

It describes it much better on the website about all the different shades :) 

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_123932046199_-1#intcmp=urban-decay-smoky-hero-shop-now 

Overall I would definitely recommend trying this palette out if you haven't tried any of the other Naked Palettes before, or just the final piece to your collection. Please let me know if you've tried it as I would love to hear your opinion!

Until next time, 

A

x x