Hello! This is the blog of Alexandra Richards-Jones..


Friday, 11 September 2015

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipsticks | Review

Hello!

Today I wanted to talk about the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipsticks, and  my honest opinion on them. I only have two colours in the collection, two out of the eight shades, and so far I'm enjoying using them.


The first shade I bought was the lighter pink shade, 07 Nude-ist, as I wanted to try the lightest one that I could see as I was looking for a long wearing liquid lipstick that was going to last all day. From using it, I found that the staying power is absolutely amazing! I can put this on in the morning and not even have to look in the mirror throughout the day to see if it has smudged or worn off. They are sold for £8.99, which is quite expensive for the high street I thought, but I think they are totally worth it. When applying it goes on super smoothly, and despite lots of the matte lipsticks being very drying, this almost feels moisturising as you're wearing it. The only downside to this lipstick, is that the smell is very very strange. To me this lipstick smells like blood?!? 
And I know, you're probably thinking "Why on earth would you wear it if it smells like that?", but honestly once it is on your lips, you can't smell it and the quality of the product makes it worth the horrible smell. So today I went into Superdrug and bought this gorgeous classic red shade, 08 Grand Cru, and I honestly think it is going to be my go-to red lipstick, especially if I am going out for a meal where you would usually expect lipstick to wear off.

The only thing I wish for with these lipsticks is that, despite wearing a lipstick with "nude" in the title, the lipstick is definitely pink... not what you expect when wearing a nude. Now I'm not sure if this is just Superdrug not ordering the nude shade into that store however I would l o v e a nude to wear as I feel that it is completely missing from the collection.

Overall, I definitely would recommend these products to anyone, despite the very strange smell!! I will definitely be going in to check out any other colours that they have because they are AMAZING. 

Thankyou so much for a reading, and let me know anything else from Bourjois that I should try!

Until next time, 

A

x x