Hello! This is the blog of Alexandra Richards-Jones..


Tuesday, 2 June 2015

// Rimmel Wake Me Up Mascara | Review //

                                                    ♥ ♥ ♥


Hello :) 

Today I wanted to talk to you about the new Rimmel Wake Me Up Mascara. I recently picked this up when I went into Superdrug, and was caught by the offer that they had on all Rimmel products, the classic, persuasive 3 for 2. 

 The first thing I noticed about this mascara is the amazing packaging! It is a very weird shape, (Good describing there), and it a very bright metallic green colour which I think looks amazing. It actually retails at £5.99 at Superdrug, very reasonably priced I think, (http://www.superdrug.com/Make-Up/Eyes/Mascara/Rimmel-London-Wonder’Full-Wake-Me-Up-Mascara-Black-1/p/455309#.VW3uo87Fs9c), however is often on a 3 for 2, so would definitely check first. It claims to have vitamins and cucumber in the mascara, which I'm not too sure about, but was interested either way. The actual wand itself is plastic, I know, not the best, and goes thinner in the middle. It is quite a large brush, so if you have small eyes this mascara might not be the best for you. I do think however the way that it gets bigger at the top means that you can grip those pesky little lashes on the outside of your eye that always seem to escape. Also, I would like to mention the most amazing thing about this mascara, something that they don't even mention in the advert, it smells of cucumber. How amazing. 

Now, after trying this mascara I wouldn't exactly say I was blown away by it. I did find that you needed quite a few coats to even build up a reasonable length, and the curl didn't last very long at all. However, if you only like the look of very natural lashes, (and love cucumber a lot), then maybe you will like this. Overall I would probably give this mascara a 5.5/10. Sorry...

I would love to here your opinions on this as Rimmel usually do have amazing mascaras, however this one just didn't do it for me.


Thank you so much for reading,

Lots of love,

A

                                                ♥ ♥ ♥