Hello! This is the blog of Alexandra Richards-Jones..


Thursday, 5 February 2015

// Blogging and the way it works //

♥ ♥ ♥

I find blogging hard. Thinking of things to write about that people will actually want to read has always been the hardest thing for me, and the pressure to be 'the best blogger' feels overwhelming. Now I don't class myself as a very interesting person, I wouldn't say my life is anymore exciting than anyone else's. In fact, it's probably much more boring.

Now I have read many blogs for years now, and the things they write, even if it's just a review of the newest foundation, inspires me to write my own, and have the experience for myself. However, as there are so many amazing people on the internet out there, I basically feel as though I cannot compete.

The things I have noticed are:

  • Unless you have lots of money, or have thousands of followers and get things sent to you, you cannot have all the latest products that people actually want to hear about, you have the things that you are saving up to get for the past month, eventually leading in a product review that was hyped about a month ago. 
  • You have to have an 'atmosphere' about your blog. Whether you have an amazing vocabulary and sound as if you went to the best grammar school in the country, or you use your amazing wit to charm people in to loving your blog. 
  • Bloggers say that 'it doesn't matter what camera you have'. Well, honestly, I think it does. I understand that everybody has to start somewhere, but importing images that were taken on your iPhone 4, does feel as though they are slightly not reaching the mark.
  • The feeling of not getting noticed. I have had my blog for nearly a year a now, and feel as though there are so many bloggers out there, there is no reason why they should listen to what a 17 year old from the North-West should have to say. I mean, I don't think even I would want to listen to what I have to say.  
I know that this blog post probably feels quite depressing, and I do not want my blog to have that sort of vibe to it. I love writing about products and the way that I am feeling, and I hope that you enjoy reading about the ups and the downs in my life. I just wanted to explain how it feels to start out a blog when there are so many amazing bloggers out there already. I don't know if it is just me who feels like this, and I would love to know your views and opinions about what I have just written. 

I love you all, and thankyou for reading.

♥ ♥ ♥